Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) conducts the examination to recruit the candidates for jobs of civil service in Gujarat. These posts include Deputy Superintendent of Police, District Registrar, Mamlatdar, Section Officer, Deputy Section Officer, Taluka Development Officer, Taluka Development Officer, Labor Officer, District Inspector of Land Records and so on.
For the entrance to the examination, a candidate should be –
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Refugee from Tibet, who should have migrated to India for permanent settlement before 1st January, 1962, or
- A person of Indian origin who should have migrated to India for permanent settlement from Pakistan, East Pakistan, (Bangladesh), Burma (Myanmar), Shri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda of East African countries, United Republic Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam. But the Government should have given an eligibility certificate in cases of candidates whose names come in sub-serial (B), (C), (D) and (E).
Graduate from any discipline from recognized university.
Minimum 21 Years and Maximum 28 Years.
The following relaxation is available as per the existing provisions:
- Five years relaxation is available to the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Socially and Educationally Backward Classesof Gujarat origin only, subject to the posts reserved for such category.
- The womancandidates of the reserved category are granted the relaxation of ten years in the upper age limit, subject to maximum age limit of 45 years.
- The womancandidates of general category are granted the relaxation of five years in the upper age limit, subject to maximum age limit of 45 years.
- Subject to the provision of the advertisement, Physically Disabledcandidates who are capable of performing the duties of the concerned posts as a normal person, are eligible to get the relaxation of ten years in the upper age limit on producing the Medical Certificate of the Medical Board.
- The age relaxation of fiveyears in competitive examinations for Class-I and Class-II posts, is available to Commissioned Officers including Ex-serviceman/ ECO/ S. S. Cos. who have rendered at least five years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within six months) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of physical disability attributed to military service or invalidity. While for Class-III posts, the ex-serviceman shall be granted the age relaxation by the length of military service plus three years, in accordance with the provision of the advertisement.
- The Government Servantsare not eligible to get the relaxation in the upper age limit.
The examination consists of three phases:
- Preliminary Examination : Objective type with Two papers of General Studies (150 Marks) and chosen subject from given list of optional subjects (200 Marks)
- Main Examination: Written Examination with Five papers of Gujarati (200 Marks), English (200 Marks), General Studies(200 Marks) and Two papers of selected subjects from the list of given subjects (200 Marks each).
- Interview: Personality test for final selection (100 Marks).